Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!!!


It is my dad's birthday today! My dad has always been there for me. Here are a couple things that come to mind. When I was gone at college, living in Utah, he would always call and make sure everything was going well. I remember driving home from Utah by myself a couple times and having my dad call every hour to see if I was alright. I thought it was really funny. It meant a lot that he cared so much. I also remember waiting to find out if I got into University of Utah and their ballet program there. My dad couln't wait so he kept calling the chairman of the ballet department to see if I got in. Finally she had answer for him. After he got the answer that I was accepted, him and my mom picked up some balloons, took me out of school and took me to my favorite restaurant for lunch. I remember my mom laughing at him while we were at lunch telling me how he had kept calling the poor chairman. I had no idea.

He is so caring and so supportive. I am so grateful for him and for all he does for our family. He is such a good example to me and I feel so blessed to have him as my dad. Happy Birthday Dad!!!! I love you!!

My sister Annie's birthday was on Monday. She turned 16!! Beware Annie, you are my next blog.

9 comments:

  1. Cole is the best! I hope he had a great birthday. PS I love you and I love your blog. I am procrastinating taking my last finals of the semester. It was fun to read about what you have been up to. I will try and post something new soon on my blog. Atleast I have your grandma beat by two months with who has posted more recently! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I didn't get to talk to you on Sunday. It was good seeing you, even if it was from afar. Your dad did awesome on his talk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And might I add...a fantastic basketball player! :) Keven gets to know first hand the competitive side of Cole! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do have a sweet dad! Love that story about the ballet program! SO great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a wonderful combination of your sweet parents! Happy birthday Cole.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is in response to your last comment....I'll show you dinosaur! :) It still looks like Sara! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun to find your blog!! Happy birthday to your dad too :) I love that picture of the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had no idea you had a blog!!! I have missed you Julia! Email me so I can invite you to my blog. (I made it private 'cause there were some wackos commenting on it!)
    stephd757@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete