Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Joys of Pregnancy

Okay so my back has been REALLY bad for the last couple months on just my right side, and just keeps getting worse and seems to be spreading. So I finally went to the chiropractor yesterday and got a little surprise. He told me that I have a rib that is out of place haha. I sometimes have a sharp pain in my top rib in the front and figured it was just my stomach growing and putting pressure on it, well it turns out that is only some of the reason. My growing stomach is pushing on my right rib that is out of place and with all of the pressure of my growing babies on it is not getting a chance to heal. Not good. I am really scared for when I get really big, crossing the fingers that the chirpopractor can help. Anyways I recently started feeling the rib pop in and out of place in the mornings just like it sometimes use to before I got pregnant. I think I injured it in dance. It never really bothered me though until I got pregnant. The chriropractor said pregnancy brings out our weaknesses, for instance my rib that is out of place :). Anyways so the back and the rib thing are all connected. This week it started hurting pretty much on my entire right side. I really hope he can get rid of this pain before I get much bigger. He is a really good chiropractor and sounds like he will be able to help. I am unfortuantely still in pain after my visit yesterday but some places do not hurt as much so we will see. He has really neat techniques that he uses. No cracking and all of that which I like! Oh well we will see what happens.

11 comments:

  1. Ouch! I hope he can help you with that! I can't imagine pain AND not being able to breathe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! That does not sound fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From the other Tasha, Dolly Parton took out some of her ribs to look thinner, you don't need to slim down, but I guess they're disposable if it can ease your pain. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh, that would explain alot! Did he say what it looks like for being able to help you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow! that's crazy! what are those babies doing in there?! you should talk to them and tell them to leave your insides alone! :) keep us updated on how everything goes...you are a strong woman...broken ribs and all!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that's rough. At the very least, you should be able to fix it before you have any more kids!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I can't imagine how that feels. I hope the chiropractor can do some good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously, never underestimate pregnancy pain. I was having some intense pain in my upper back (between my shoulder blades) and my doctor sort of laughed it off (welcome to pregnancy, he said). Turns out I had 14 sweet little gall stones causing some ruckus.

    Good luck!

    Ps. Did I tell you I'm so excited you're having twins? Because I am :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ouch. really ouch. Now can I see your tummy?? Do you even have one yet? I would think it would pop out sooner with two of them in there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yikes!! I'm sorry! I loved going to the chiropractor when I was pregnant! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, so I sort of stalked you from Katherine's blog. How are you doing! How is your rib, and your bulging belly? I must say that I never had a rib problem when I was preggo with the twins. Glad you had it figured out!
    I hope all is well-GOOD LUCK!
    Morgan, crazy lady from Katherine's ward. :)

    ReplyDelete